The following 10 comments are a sampling of hundreds of real comments made on an employee engagement survey. For anyone familiar with the Behavioral Advantage methods, this list is astounding.
- Sometimes external and internal customers have unrealistic expectations of what I can do.
- My colleagues do not plan ahead and force a short deadline that could have been put in the queue earlier.
- In terms of managing priorities, the priorities I start the week with get shifted, so I need more open communication with supervisor.
- We are under-resourced. Sometimes we work on a proposal when we know we cannot win it. Also there seems to be no downside consequence for not doing something that is needed.
- Always there are lots of roadblocks to getting tools that would be useful.
- When I seek help from others in the business I think their attitude is better than their follow-thru, colleagues have too much on their plates too.
- We have piled up initiatives and this creates a ripple effect and causes bottlenecks.
- I am not empowered to be proactive.
- I lack communication of what others on the team are working on.
- My only suggestion would be that my job satisfaction would increase if I were participating in building something meaningful and recognized as a valuable participant.
It’s astounding because none of the comments would make any sense to members of a Behavioral Advantage team. The thing that makes this list inconceivable is the Behavioral Advantage structure around a weekly meeting. The meeting is designed to prevent issues like these from having more than a one week half-life. Employee do not let an issue like communication, priorities, or empowerment go unresolved for more than 4 1/2 business days. It just doesn’t happen.
Behavioral Advantage teams are all about getting stuff done now. Any obstacles get removed right away through the team’s peer-to-peer accountability disciplines.
If you want this level of performance in your teams let us come in and demo the methodology with one of your tougher teams. You will see a remarkable change in individual and team performance, guaranteed.
Send me an email Behave@thnk2grow.com