Monopoly Rules does something interesting. It takes a concept like niche marketing and with the simple pen stroke changing the word from ‘niche’ to ‘monopoly’ opens up a wonderful new way of thinking about market position. The author suggest that the prime goal for any company is to hold a monopoly position in whatever you deliver for customers. Harvard graduate Dr Milind Lele, the author, suggests that there are five tests for monopoly
- Do your customers see only you?
- Are you invisible to your competitors?
- Are your true competitors outside the dotted lines?
- Do you price like a monopolist?
- Do you earn unusually high profits?
Monopolies do not sustain. The author advises successful entrepreneurs to be always thinking about their next monopolies.