Tuesday, May 1, 2012


In a meeting someone raved about Simon Sinek’s Ted Video “Start with Why...”.  This is what Simon discovered “People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it.”  He uses Apple as an example.  
Hence, according to Sinek the reason I own a MAC is because “Apple believes in challenging the status quo. Apple believes in thinking differently.”  

This was news to me.
Actually, Sinek’s assertion is nonsense.  The only ‘Why’ that matters here, is my ‘why’ for buying the MAC, and it has nothing to do with ‘challenging the status quo’,(I’m not even sure what that means).  Apple could challenge the status quo by building a brick that does no computing at all.  That would be thinking differently.  But then I probably wouldn’t buy the MAC.  The reason I bought the MAC is because it works!  And after owning lots of PCs, having something that works is great!

No comments: