Saturday, May 14, 2011

So this is Customer Service???

Yesterday I attempted to make a payment an received the following error (notice that they are talking about formatting my phone number and there is no phone number input box on the screen): (click on the image to enlarge)
Thinking I would be helpful to the site, I sent them a note pointing out this confusing error message. Part of the reason this error message makes no sense is that the phone number is not needed to process a credit card payment. So this is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting support.


It seems that the error message appears because the system cannot pull up your phone number in your profile or account information based on how you wrote it. Please correct the format of your phone number in the following link as instructed in the error message:


http://www……….(I've deleted the link for the blog)


Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have other concerns.


---

Sincerely,


As you can see, it turns out that I am the problem. But I did not follow their instructions in the end. In the image above there is a blue hyperlink at the bottom of the input page and it turned out that (apparently they did not realize this in their computer) but I already had an account with Moneybookers and I simply went there and completed the transaction. Oh, and they did not require a phone number!!!

No comments: